This low carb flaxseed dough is truly amazing…my family is crazy for this!
It is gluten free, sugar-free, diary and nut free! It’s texture and taste is like the cinnamon buns!
Stays fresh for 4-5 days.
You can make it in any cake shape or muffin shapes (for muffins it is perfect without the frosting)…it always results amazing..!
It is very versatile as you can mix in berries, chocolate chip, coconut, any nuts…to make it more rich.
On-hand preparation time is only 10 minutes!
Flax seeds are great whole grains for low–carb diets, as almost all the carbohydrate in them is fiber!
So they won’t affect the blood sugar level. They are also packed with nutrients just as omega-3, protein, vitamin B1, magnesium, phosphorus and selenium.
(Beside these is also good news that flax seed meal has a quite affordable price)
So here we go…let me to share with you how I make this dough..this dough can be used for any shape you like.
It is perfect for a low carb cake for any occasion as it keeps the pan shape and it’s texture very nicely after baking.
2 cups ground flaxseed
1/3 cup xylitol or 30 drops stevia
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp pink salt
1/2 cup shredded coconut ( optional)
5 large eggs
1/2 cup water- room temperature
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sugar-free chocolate chip
You will need a 12 count muffin pan or a normal medium sized cake shape.
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Combine flax seed, xylitol, cinnamon, salt, coconut.
3. In another large bowl whisk together the eggs, water, oil and vanilla extract on a hight speed for 1 minute.
4. Mix the two batters together until fully incorporated add chocolate chip and allow sit couple of minutes.
4. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin or cake pan. The muffins will expand while baking so do not fill them to the very tops.
5. Bake muffins for 20 minutes ( when it is about a cake shape, bake it longer for about 20-30 minutes).
6. Remove the muffins or cake from the shapes and place them to cool.
This dough is perfect for freezing but in the fridge you can keep it fresh up to 4-5 days!
Nutritional information for the whole amount:
Protein: 88 g
Carb: 2 g
Sugar: 1 g
Total fat: 83 g
You can skip the frosting since this cake is amazingly stands for itself without any frosting also.
I used to make the muffins with no frosting but for a cake the frosting is a good decoration.
If you wish to put the frosting I can suggest you to use the Sugar-Free Vanilla Buttercream Frosting what is another 5 minute to prepare.
Sugar-Free Vanilla Buttercream Frosting ingredients:
1/2 cup butter- room temperature
1 cup swerve or erythritol
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp milk
Instructions for the frosting:
Add all the ingredients and blend on high until smooth. Spread it evenly on the surface of the dough.
To help you more on preparation please see my preparation in pictures below:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Combine flax seed, xylitol, cinnamon, salt, coconut and in another large bowl whisk together the eggs, water, oil and vanilla extract on a hight speed for 1 minute.
3. Mix the two batters together until fully incorporated add chocolate chip and allow sit couple of minutes.
4. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin or cake pan.
The muffins will expand while baking so do not fill them to the very tops.
5. Bake muffins for 15-20 minutes ( when it is about a cake shape bake it longer, for about 20-30 minutes).
6. Remove the muffins or cake from the cavities and place them to cool.
7. and finally decorate at your taste and for the occasion:
Stony liked it so much 🙂
My muffins result like this, using the same dough:
Enjoy!..and do not forget to tell me your opinions about this recipe.
Please do not forget to like and share my recipes for supporting my page.