Well..talking about lunch boxes..is not always an easy topic.
We all would like to give our kids a healthy, low carb, protein and good fat rich food for lunch in school…something that makes them happy and fresh..something what makes them keep going and smiling while in school..and of course something what is a bit special and makes them remember of Mom 🙂 !
..and Moms I have a good news: this chicken donut is the one of this kind!
It is soft, moist, has a rich taste and packed with protein, vitamins and good fat..and it can be served hot or cold!
But the best of this what I really like is that this meatloaf mixture is absolutely suitable to mold and bake in ANY baking shape..:) just like a donut shapes or muffin cups..or let’s say in a pumpkin or a heart shape cups.
But you can also bake the mixture altogether simply in a loaf pan and cut slices for the sandwich or cute little cubes for a cream soup.
And beside all these good news this recipe again is a very easy and quick recipe as it only needs 15-20 minutes on-hand preparation time.
(+ 60-70 minutes baking time! )
Ingredients you need:
1 lb ground chicken
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tbsp dried oregano and/or basil
1 tbsp coconut flour ( to absorb the moist )
1 small onion
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1/2 bunch of parsley leaf
- Preheat the oven for 350F.
- In a bowl mix the First group of ingredients.
- Than in a mixer or food processor mix the ingredients of the Second group until it gets smooth.
- Than mix the two mixtures together and scoop the mixture in the desired forms/cups/pans.
- Cover the filled shapes with aluminium foil. ( I recommend to put a large baking tray under the shapes in the oven to gather the dripping moist during the baking process.)
- If you bake the mixture in small shapes it is enough to bake them for 50 minutes.
If you put the mixture altogether in a loaf pan bake it for 60 minutes and 15 more minutes after removing the foil.
- Serve with fresh salad or you can slice them up for cream soups. ( Check my creamy sweet potato soup what is perfect for this chicken meatloaf! 🙂
Please check the preparation in pictures hereunder for easier understanding:
In a bowl mix the First group of ingredients:
In a mixer or food processor mix the Second group of ingredients until it gets smooth:
Than mix the First and the Second group of ingredients together until they blend perfectly and put them in your desired forms to bake :
Bake it for 50-60 minutes ( depending on how small or big are your baking shapes )
Take it out of the oven and is ready to serve!
Please share your comments or questions you might have.
Please support my site by sharing this recipe. Thank you.