It is creamy…it is rich…it is delicious..a perfect breakfast with a cup of hot chocolate or cafe made of coconut milk!
When Stony my son tried it he closed his eyes and told me with devotion: “Mum it is “fantastico” 🙂 …” I was just laughing on him but I knew I have found another big favorite muffin recipe..!
So here we go..it is easy to prepare, with the creamy filling it feels and tastes special and very decorative even for party time and can be a perfect pumpkin dessert for the upcoming Halloween parties.
2 cups almond flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup erythritol
1/4 cup water
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
( 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie essence optional)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cream cheese ( I use philadelphia cheese cream )
2 tblsp erythritol
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix pumpkin and eggs until well blended than add all dry ingredients
- Add the butter and mix well
- Add the water and mix it again
- Mix the cream cheese filling together until smooth
- I use silicon muffin pan what does not need any paper or oil. Otherwise you canline muffin tin with paper cases.
- Scoop the pumpkin mixture into the cups
- Now you have to place the fillings inside the muffin mixture. You can do it in two different ways.
-One is by making a little hole or “well” in the mixture and with a small spoon you place a teaspoon of the cream cheese filling into it then cover the hole with the muffin mixture.
-The other way what I much more like, is grab an icing bag ( you can by it everywhere ) and put your filling mixture into it. Than place the end of the icing bag to the mixture and squeeze some inside.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Please check the preparation in pictures below:
Mix the dough in the above given order. You will get a dough with a light fluffy consistency:
You can fill the cheese cream mixture inside the muffin mixture in two different ways:
- Scoop the mixture into muffin cups and make a tiny hole in the middle and place a piece of cheese cream mixture into it, finally cover the filling with the muffin mixture:
2. The other way what I used to do, is to fill the muffin mixtures with a cheese mixture with an icing bag. Fill up the icing bag with the cheese mixture and insert the end of the icing bag to the mixture and squeeze the cheese cream inside. I find this method easier and quicker:
Bake for 30 minutes:
You can also serve it with sugar free maple syrup and some pumpkin seeds:
Enjoy! And please share your comments or any questions you might have! 🙂