It is a delicious, low carb and gluten free savory turkey loaf.
Very easy to make and even easier to eat…perfect with any side dish or just itself as a healthy on-the-go snack.
You can make it in any fancy shape..
10 minutes on-hand preparation time plus 25 minutes in the oven.
I always look for new tastes, new textures, new shapes in the kitchen…Stony often eats meat with vegetables and I try to make his dishes versatile and every once in a while I want to give him something new.
This is how I have got this recipe by playing a bit with my ingredients.
I can tell it was a hit and most of all my other boy – my husband- likes it like crazy 🙂
He insisted to seal this recipe with the slogan: Daddy’s favorite.
What I always want my recipes to be is:
Easy, quick and simple so those moms with busy or exhausted life can easily realize them!
Please check the details hereunder.
1 lbs ground turkey
1 medium leek – sliced
1 cup almond flour ( I use Bob’s Redmill Almond Flour)
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 tbsp dried onion
1 tsp dried garlic
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
pinch of black pepper
1 tsp salt
Optional: 1 cup cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 350F.
2. Heat the olive oil in a medium pan over a medium fire. Saute leek on the oil until tender.
3. Mix ground turkey with the seasonings ( dried onion, dried garlic, oregano, basil, black pepper, salt ) and put it on the leek, roast it until turkey gets white for about 10-15 minutes. Stir it continuously.
4. Meantime mix remaining ingredients in a bowl with a mixer ( the eggs, almond flour, and cheese – optional! )
5. Take the pan with the roasted turkey off the fire and pour your other mixture into the pan. Stir the two mixtures well until all ingredients are incorporated.
5. Scoop your mixture into your greased baking forms ( you can bake it in any shape you want, or you can just bake it all together in a baking tray.)
6. Put it to the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the surface is getting slightly golden.
7. Take it out of the oven, remove loaves carefully ( plastic knife is a perfect tool to remove them gently ) and place them to a cooling rack.
8. Eat them warm or cold, eat them plain or with sour cream. It is also perfect with any side dishes or salads!
Nutritional information and preparation in pictures are coming soon!
Enjoy!..and please tell me your opinion about this recipe.
Please do not forget to like and share my recipes for supporting my page.