I did not want to give up on that one day I will figure out a really good low carb shortbread/butter biscuit recipe..
And yes, It has happened…!
It is low carb and gluten free..and it is crunchy..and crispy..just like the real one!
For years I have been looking for a good low carb, crunchy and crispy short bread cookie recipe. Unfortunately the recipes I have tried and developed so far never resulted as expected. Because that unforgettable crunchiness and crispiness was always missing for what we like a good shortbread so much!
Both of my boys ( Stony and daddy ) LOVE shortbread…so I had to keep looking and experimenting…and finally I have developed a recipe what makes shortbreads the most close to the original ones so far and we are pretty happy with it.
So let me to share it with You hereunder:
On-hand preparation time: 15 minutes.
Baking time: 15-20 minutes.
2 cups almond meal
1/4 cup protein powder ( I used Slimquick pure protein from Walmart )
1/3 cup granulated sweetener ( I used Pyure Organic Stevia blend from Walmart )
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp xantan gum
3/4 cup melted butter ( I used Kerrygold unsalted butter from Walmart )
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven for 370F.
1. Mix ingredients until well incorporated.
2. You have to get a soft consistency dough, just like play dough. If it turns to be still dry and powdery you add some more melted butter until you get the required soft play dough consistency.
3. Put parchment paper to a large baking tray.
4. You can cut out the shapes or just form a ball what you sulk to a 1/2 inch thick circle.
For the best result try to make your shapes always at 1/2 inch thick.
4. Bake cookies for around 15 to 20 minutes, or until sides are getting brown.
5. VERY IMPORTANT: when you take the cookies out of the oven those will be extremely soft. You have to leave them cool before removing them from the baking tray!
Nutritional facts for the whole amount:
Fat: 173 g
Carb: 60 g
( Approximately 2 g carb for each biscuits)
Enjoy!..and please tell me your opinion about this recipe.
Please do not forget to like and share my recipes for supporting my page.