“Chia” is an ancient mayan world means strength.
Chia seed is a superfood a real energy booster and is loaded with nutrients that can have important benefits for your body and brain.
Chia is an edible seed that comes from the desert plant ‘Salvia hispanica’ grown in Mexico back to Mayan Aztec cultures.
They are loaded with fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients.
Chia seeds are an unprocessed, whole-grain food that can be absorbed by the body as seeds.
One ounce (about 2 tablespoons) contains 101 calories, 4 grams of protein, 9 grams fat, 12 grams carbohydrates and 11 grams of fiber, plus vitamins and minerals.
It is a perfect protein loaded breakfast for your child what you can prepare the night before in 5 minutes!!!
1 ounce (2 tbsp ) serving of chia seeds contains:
- Fiber: 11 grams.
- Protein: 4 grams.
- Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are Omega-3)
- Calcium: 18% of the RDA.
- Manganese: 30% of the RDA.
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDA.
- Phosphorus: 27% of the RDA.
- They also contain a decent amount of Zinc, Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Potassium, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) and Vitamin B2.
This is particularly impressive when you consider that this is just a single ounce, which supplies only 137 calories and one gram of digestible carbohydrate!
The other amazing fact about this seed is that it is so easy to prepare!
You do not even have too cook just add some coconut milk.
Ingredients for 1 serving size:
1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
4 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp erythritol ( or stevia )
- In a bowl mix together coconut milk, vanilla extract, erythritol.
- Add chia seeds and stir. Let sit for 5 minutes stir it again and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Once chia seeds have swollen and porridge is thick serve with fresh fruits and berries.Tip: you can add almond flakes, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, grated apple.
You can also add a touch of pure Maple Syrup or Raw Honey or stevia concentrate for extra sweetness.You can serve it as porridge or as a pudding.
Please check the preparation in photos below:
1. In a bowl mix together coconut milk, vanilla extract, erythritol.
Add chia seeds and stir. Let sit for 5 minutes stir it again and allow to stand for 30 minutes:
2.When Chia seeds are swollen and porridge is thick is ready:
3. Add fresh fruits, nuts and serve :
Enjoy!..and do not forget to tell me your opinions about this recipe.
Please do not forget to like and share my recipes for supporting my page.